Manager of Technical Service
Provide prompt, professional, courteous technical service to ECR’s customers in the field or via the phone.
- Knowledge of HVAC or mechanical background preferred.
- Excellent Customer Phone Rapport.
- Self-starting, organized individual with problem solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office a plus.
- Computer and data entry skills a plus.
- Must have ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Solid technical acumen.
- Presentation skills a plus.
- Willing to travel in the field to support the training and service of ECR manufactured products.
Customer Service atmosphere involving direct contact with customers. Continuous interaction with the Sales and Engineering departments. May involve periodic travel for training and service requirements in the field.
- Act as the front line support person for customers’ daily technical needs. Customers’ needs should be responded to with a sense of urgency. TSR must remain accessible to customers throughout the workday. Coverage during vacations, meetings, etc., must be maintained if requested by management.
- TSR is customers’ resource for expert technical information. Maintain and improve knowledge necessary to provide the highest level of technical support through self-education, seminars, schooling, hands on, etc. Expert advice includes knowledge of our products and the systems that our products support.
- TSR will tale both incoming and outbound call information and enter into the ECR Call Log for each call that the person is involved with. This is a requirement of the position and is reviewed on a monthly basis by the department head and management.
- Recognize field performance issues as they relate to product design and manufacturing and communicate these issues to the necessary departments. Work jointly with these departments to resolve issues with a written notification (IRR/CRCN), copy corporate manager.
- Utilize customer feedback to initiate ideas for new product enhancement and communicate these ideas to the sales and engineering teams.
- Develop and present technical training material that is both informative and interesting for the trade. Utilize latest technology to promote product and present training material. Training should include both the product and systems that our products support.
- Be available to provide in-house and on-site training, site visits or customer sales calls. Also be available to provide in-house training for customer service staff and other departments within ECR when required. When technical training requiring travel must be done, the TSR is to maximize company resources and receive prior manager’s approval for all out of office travel.
- Assist Customer Service Team by providing knowledge to help with day to day technical issues.
- The TSR must work with the Marketing Department to keep customers informed of ongoing equipment or technical issues through mailings, website, newsletters, etc. This includes issues pertaining to our products as well as the systems our products support. Information forwarded to marketing should be copied to the Department Manager. A proactive approach should be considered whenever possible for keeping our customers informed. Customers include both external and internal. No release of job site information or related CONFIDENTIAL information is to be sent to the field without prior approval by the department manager or department head.
- Work closely with sales managers to offer technical assistance to help secure sales of our product or support existing customers. This requires an understanding of product capabilities and limitations as they apply to the different installations.
- When an issue arises where a piece of heating or cooling equipment needs to be pulled from the field or any reason, it is required that the department manager is involved in making the final approval or denial decision. If it is to be removed, the TSR will gather all supporting information on the job, enter it into the serial number log for future reference to the RMA and coordinate its return for RMA and/or engineering inspection.
- ECR International shall completely satisfy all of our customer’s needs by continuously improving the quality of our products and services. This is done by continuously improving market share, on-time delivery, billing accuracy and continuously reducing warranty costs. Every employee needs to follow procedures and work instructions and must also be able to identify where this information is located for reference. The quality system requires each employee to check work for accuracy, check for possible adverse processes and look for ways to continuously improve the way things are done.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org